Best Paying Online Casinos in Indiana for 2023
Best Paying Online Casinos in Indiana for 2023
When Indiana introduces online casinos, players will no doubt want to compare the sites to determine which has the best payouts. With that in mind, let's review some of the best online casinos currently operating and cover the factors players should consider when choosing those with the best payouts.
What is a high-payout casino?
Truthfully, it is difficult to pinpoint which online casino has the highest payouts. That said, it is possible to assess the particular games offered by each online casino and determine the rate at which games pay out. From there, we can evaluate which online casinos offer the most high-payout casino games.
The odds for particular games and their resulting payouts have a lot to do with how the online casinos' payouts compare.
Roulette, for example, is a game in which the house edge is exactly the same for almost all the available bets. That's true whether you are playing live or on just about any online site. However, different slots can have different payouts. One way to begin evaluating different games' payouts is to determine the games' RTP percentages.
Finding RTP for games at online casinos
RTP percentage refers to the return to player percentage. It's an indicator of how much players can expect to win at certain casino games.
Just about all casino games have some sort of house edge. This means the RTP percentage is almost always less than 100%. For example, a particular Indiana online slot might have an RTP percentage of 96%.
That means on average a player can expect to win 96% of the money they wager on the game. The player might win more or less, but that's the average return to player over the long term. RTP percentage is sometimes described as the theoretically expected payback for a particular game, as opposed to the actual one the player will experience.
Slots with best payouts
As it happens, the average RTP percentage for online slots is right around 96%. That said, there are games with higher RTP percentages and others with much lower ones. Sometimes the game will make up for a low RTP percentage by offering a potentially large progressive jackpot.
Here are some examples of online real money slots with above-average RTP percentages. Again, on average, you can expect these slots to pay a bit more than others, but you can still win or lose in any given session.
|Game Name||RTP%||Best Casino to Play|
|Blod Suckers||98%||FanDuel Casino|
|White Rabbit Megaways||97.72%||DraftKings Casino|
|Fruit Spin||96.84%||Bally Casino|
|Cleopatra Plus||96.50%||Caesars Casino|
|Wheel of Fortune Megaways||96.46%||WynnBET Casino|
As noted above, when comparing different Indiana online casinos, take a look at their selection of games to help determine which have the best-paying slots.
How slots differ from other casino games
RTP percentage is calculated differently depending on the game. For online slots, the RTP percentage is built into the programming. For games like craps and roulette, RTP is a function of the difference between the odds and the payouts for different bets.
When playing slots or video poker at an online casino, you can usually check the information about the particular game to learn its RTP percentage. The sites sometimes provide similar info about table games. But if they don't, you can just look below for an overview of odds and RTP percentages for some popular table games.
Best odds for casino table games
All online casinos feature slots. Much like in retail casinos, slots are the prime attraction in online casinos. You'll usually find more slots than any other game. However, when it comes to table games, you'll find some online casinos have only a few; others have large and varied selections.
Some table games are better than others when it comes to the house edge and RTP percentage. While you will find some rules variations from site to site, for the most part, these table games are played similarly and often have the same developers. As a result, the games' RTP percentages are usually fairly standard and in most cases resemble the same odds and payouts you'll find in a live casino.
As a result, we can talk about a few popular table games' odds and payouts and compare them to judge which games are most favorable for players.
As noted, there is a basic blackjack strategy that, if followed exactly, can ensure the player enjoys the highest possible RTP percentage for the game. Assuming you're playing that optimal way, you can compare different RTP percentages for different online blackjack variations.
Note also that different payouts can change the RTP percentage of a blackjack game. The biggest rule difference in blackjack is a casino paying either 6-to-5 or 3-to-2 to the player who makes a natural blackjack. Obviously getting 3-to-2 is better for the player than 6-to-5. That advantage improves the player's RTP percentage (when playing optimally).
Differences in rules can affect your RTP percentage in blackjack, too, such as whether the dealer stands on a soft 17 (better for the player) or only stands on a hard 17 and hits a soft 17 (worse for the player).
The number of decks used also affects your blackjack RTP percentage. Fewer decks (e.g., one or two) are better for players. More decks (e.g., six or eight) are better for the house. That's because having more decks slightly changes the odds of making blackjack. Meanwhile, going for the various side bets in blackjack games (e.g., 21+3, Perfect Pairs) is less profitable for players and necessarily reduces your RTP percentage.
FanDuel Casino offers a large selection of online blackjack games for real money. Here is how FanDuel describes the RTP percentages for some of its most popular blackjack variants:
- Classic Blackjack â 99.60%
- Multi-hand Blackjack â 99.60%
- Poker and Pairs Blackjack â 96.60% to 99.60%
- Zappit Blackjack â 92.60% to 98.87%
For standard roulette games, the house edge and, therefore, the return to player percentage is fixed. As a pure chance game, the player's âskillâ is not an issue. The odds and payouts stay the same regardless.
You can review online roulette rules and the differences between different variations, but here are the RTP percentages for the three most popular roulette games:
- French Roulette â 98.65%
- European Roulette â 97.30%
- American Roulette â 94.74%
You can expect to find all three of those roulette variants at just about every online casino. Meanwhile, here are the RTP percentages for some of the less standard online roulette games along with online casinos where you can play them:
|Roulette Game||RTP Percentage||Online Casinos|
|Double Bonus Spin Roulette||98.06%||BetMGM, Caesars, DraftKings, FanDuel, WynnBET|
|Space Invaders Roulette||97.74%||BetMGM, Caesars|
|Black & Yellow Roulette||97.30%||BetMGM|
|Lightning Roulette||97.30%||BetMGM, DraftKings, FanDuel, WynnBET|
|100/1 Roulette||96.19%||Caesars, DraftKings|
|Blazing 777 Roulette||95.0%||BetMGM, Caesars, DraftKings, WynnBET|
As you can see, some online roulette variants offer better payouts than others.
Video poker odds
With video poker, we go back to a game in which the player's skill level can affect the RTP percentage. If you know the correct strategy, which means knowing when to hold cards and when to discard them, you can often enjoy a very high return to player percentage in video poker.
To give you an idea of the RTP percentages for the most popular video poker variants, here is a rundown of the RTP percentages for the nine Game King Video Poker games. You'll find Game King Video Poker at most online casinos. These are the RTP percentages as reported by Caesars Casino:
- Bonus Poker Deluxe â 97.40%
- Deuces Wild Bonus Poker â 97.36%
- Jacks or Better â 97.29%
- Deuces Wild Poker â 97.05%
- Triple Double Bonus Poker â 97.02%
- Bonus Poker â 96.86%
- Double Double Bonus Poker â 96.78%
- Joker Poker â 96.38%
- Double Bonus Poker â 96.37%
As you can see, the variants are fairly close to one another as far as RTP percentages go, but there are differences.
Incidentally, if you look online you might find the RTP percentage for Jacks or Better listed as 99.54%. That refers to what is called the 9/6 Jacks or Better game in which a full house pays 9x and a flush 6x. However, when you play the Game King Jacks or Better game at Caesars Casino, it is the 8/5 Jacks or Better (full house 8x, flush 5x), which makes the overall RTP a little less.
Note that video poker odds differ from the odds you face when playing traditional person-versus-person poker. At online poker sites, your expectations of winning rely in part on your cards and skill but also on how well your opponents play (or how lucky they are).
Best payouts on retail casino games
Here's a look at the estimated RTP percentages or theoretical payouts for games you might play in a physical casino. Again, keep in mind that these percentages are impacted by the particular rules and payout schedules the casino follows, as well as by the player's skill level in games where that is a factor.
|Table Games||RTP Percentage|
|Video Poker||99.5% (or higher)|
|Blackjack||98.0 to 99.5%|
|Baccarat||98.4 to 98.8%|
|Ultimate Texas Hold’em||97.8%|
|European Roulette (Single-Zero)||97.3%|
|Three Card Poker||96.6%|
|Let It Ride||96.5%|
|American Roulette (Double-Zero)||94.74%|
|Slots||90.0 to 99.0%|
|Craps||84.0 to 99.0%|
For the games with ranges, various factors influence how high or low the RTP percentage might be. In craps, certain bets have a much higher RTP than others. With slots, some games are more favorable to players than others, with jackpots also affecting the theoretical return.
How to find the best payout online casinos in Indiana
Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you seek out the best online casinos that payout in Indiana.
- Look for casinos offering higher payout games: If finding high RTP percentage games is a priority for you, the best approach is to spend some time researching the games first, including slots, then looking to see if an online casino offers those games.
- Avoid casinos offering unusually low RTP percentages: Legal, licensed and regulated online casinos generally will not offer games with unfairly low RTP percentages. If they did, they would not fare well in competition with other sites. That said, at some sites, you will find slots below-average RTP percentages, so you can do some comparative analysis.
- Be aware of withdrawal fees or other charges: Most online casinos do not charge fees to withdraw funds, although most have both minimum deposit and minimum withdrawal limits. That said, you may find the available banking methods do end up requiring you to pay fees to a third-party vendor or your bank. Spend a little time researching these payout options to make sure there aren't any unexpected expenses.
- Consult reviews of online casinos: Serious reviews of online casinos, such as you'll find here at Play Indiana, will tell you how a site compares to other online casinos when it comes to payouts. Most legal, licensed and regulated online casinos are similar when it comes to payouts, but they do differ in terms of the games on offer. Check the reviews to learn more about the sites, including whether they deviate from the norm in any significant way.
- Avoid low-payout games and/or unfavorable wagers: As described above, some online casino games are more favorable to players than others. Even within a particular game, some wagers are better for the player than others. For instance, side bets will appear inviting but have a tremendous house edge associated with them, much more than the game's standard bets. Learn to distinguish between good bets and bad ones. Also, educate yourself on basic strategies for skill-based games like blackjack or video poker if you want to improve your chances.
Casino payout methods
Online casinos provide a number of ways to withdraw funds, with some payout methods working more quickly than others. You can click here to read about online casino fast payout options, but for now here is an overview of the most common ways to cash out your winnings:
- Prepaid cards (e.g., Play+) â Often the fastest banking method, many online casinos offer branded prepaid cards with which players can quickly deposit or withdraw funds. In some cases, payouts via prepaid cards are immediate.
- eCheck by VIP Preferred â VIP Preferred is a well-known and trustworthy electronic check provider that enables transfers between a bank account and the online casino account. These ACH (Automated Clearing House) payments can be very quick, taking less than 24 hours.
- Debit cards â Most online casinos allow you to deposit funds with a debit card, and most will let you withdraw that way as well. This, too, is often a very fast payout method, in many cases taking just an hour and no more than 24 hours.
- PayPal â This well-known and liked third-party transaction provider is another way to send money to and from most online casinos. Often these transactions can take as little as an hour or two.
- Venmo â Another third-party transaction provider used by many online casinos, Venmo can be a quick way to move funds to and from your online casino account.
- Bank transfers â Depending on both the online casino and your financial institution, bank transfers can sometimes take a little longer than other cashout methods, perhaps up to 3 to 5 business days.
- Check by mail â Most sites will allow you to request a physical check be mailed to your home address. This option understandably takes longer to process, with sites usually preparing you to wait 7 to 10 business days to receive your check.
Please gamble responsibly
Part of being a responsible gambler involves knowing the risks and rewards of every game you play. You are smart to research casino games and inform yourself about RTP percentages and compare your likelihood of winning.
Understand, of course, that whatever casino game you choose to play, you should always know your limits and never play with money you cannot afford to lose. If you always practice responsible gambling whenever you play, you increase your chances of keeping gambling fun and reducing your likelihood of problem gambling.
For those in Indiana seeking help with gambling problems or who just want more information about responsible gambling, there are several resources. These include:
- Indiana Council on Problem Gambling
- Indiana Gaming Commission (Problem Gambling Resources)
- Indiana Problem Gambling Awareness Program at IU Bloomington
Finding the best payout casinos in Indiana
There are several factors you should consider when choosing an online casino. Make sure first and foremost the casino is licensed and regulated in your state, as that guarantees your safety and security. Look as well at the site's available banking methods and game selection. When evaluating the games available, take some time to consider how many high-payout games the online casino has.
Online casino best payouts FAQs
Judging which online casinos pay out the best requires looking at a lot of different factors, most particularly the games the casino offers and their return to player (RTP) percentages. Overall, the differences between the most popular legal and licensed online casinos are not especially large. That said, you will find some sites have a greater quantity of games to choose from than others, including live dealer games. Some also have better-quality, higher-paying games than others.
A casino game's RTP percentage, or return to player percentage, refers to the game's theoretical expected payback to the player. A game's RTP percentage is calculated by dividing how much players win from a game by how much they spend while playing it. For example, a slot has a 96% RTP if players win $96 for every $100 they wager. Keep in mind that figure represents the average payout and not how much you will win every time you play the game.
If you play video poker using an optimal strategy, in some cases your RTP (return to player) percentage can approach or even go over 100% depending on the variation. You can come close to 100% RTP playing blackjack and correctly employing basic blackjack strategy.
Remember, however, even in these relatively favorable situations, you are never guaranteed to win. When playing casino games, nothing is a sure thing, just like nothing is free, except perhaps free spins. RTP percentage refers only to your expected rate of winning over the long term. You can always lose or win (a little or a lot) in any given session.
This is a question often asked by slots players after going a long time without winning. Online slots always spin randomly, but the RTP percentage is programmed into the game to determine how often winning spins come and how much players win when they do. That makes slots different from other casino games. It's incorrect, then, to say that the casino controls slot payouts on any specific machine or spin. But the casino does choose the games and knows what the payouts are for those games.
Licensed and regulated casinos must undergo audits by regulators to ensure all of their games are fair and operate as advertised. That means even if a casino could control the RTP percentage of a particular slot (which it cannot), it would not be able to change it without regulators' approval. Nor could it change the payouts without informing players.
All of which is to say, if you are playing at a legal online casino that has been licensed properly and follows the regulations of its jurisdiction, you need not worry about online casinos arbitrarily controlling the payouts of the games you play.