Indiana Casino Promo Codes: No Deposit & Free Money Offers
Indiana Casino Promo Codes: No Deposit & Free Money Offers
Bonuses and promotions are a big part of online gambling. When it comes to online casino promo codes, Indiana players should prepare themselves to take advantage.
Indiana has yet to authorize online casinos, although the state's lawmakers could do so soon. When they do, expect several sites to launch, and keep an eye out for Indiana casino promo codes you can enter to receive bonuses, free play and more.
Here's a guide containing everything you need to know about online casino bonus codes, including what they are, how they work and where to find them.
Why trust our expert knowledge?
The Play Indiana staff has many years of collective experience reporting on all aspects of the gambling industry, including on retail and online casinos. That background helps us evaluate and rank online casinos according to a variety of criteria, including the sites' bonuses and promotions. If you're curious who's making these evaluations, our bonafides include:
- Researching and reporting on the gambling industry;
- Extensive familiarity with online casinos and their offerings;
- First-hand knowledge of all online casinos we review;
- Strict editorial guidelines for ensuring accurate, impartial reporting;
- Licensing in all jurisdictions that require it.
While we follow strict procedures to ensure all of our articles and informational pages have been revised and vetted to meet our high standards, we have an additional set of guidelines that make up our review process for online sportsbooks and online casinos.
What are online casino bonuses?
Online casino bonuses reward players in a variety of ways. A bonus can come as cash, credits and free casino play, free spins, refunds of losses or in other forms. Players can receive bonuses in a number of ways, too, including by depositing funds, playing certain games a certain amount or even just by registering an account.
There is a lot to know when it comes to helping you evaluate which bonuses are the best for you. Let's dive in.
Why do online casinos offer promo codes and bonuses?
Bonuses and promotions benefit both players and online casinos. For the players, being able to use a promotion code to receive a bonus can provide ways to play more games while spending less. In some cases, you can try out different casino games with no risk at all. The bonuses come in different forms but for the most part function to boost bankrolls for increased play.
For online casinos, offering promo codes and bonuses becomes an important way to attract new players and retain existing ones. You'll often see online casinos competing with one another for customers. Bonuses and promotions are an important part of that marketing strategy.
How do online casino bonuses and promo codes work?
When you visit an IN online casino, whether via a web browser or on a mobile casino app in Indiana, you will typically see the available bonuses or promotions prominently shown. For welcome offers, you must be a new user to claim the bonus, and in some cases you'll receive it as soon as you sign up for an account. Meanwhile, for other kinds of bonuses, you might have to opt in to receive the bonus, or you may have to complete a requirement first (e.g., play a certain game, wager a certain amount).
In some cases, you will need to enter a promo code to receive a bonus. This is frequently the case with welcome bonuses. When you sign up for an account, you have to enter personal information and create a username and password. It is usually at that time that you also have to enter the promo code when prompted.
How to calculate the value of a casino bonus
With any online casino bonus, you'll want to look closely at the terms and conditions. These help you determine the value of the bonus. You will sometimes find a bonus comes with a playthrough requirement, which means you have to play a certain amount before you can claim the bonus. We explain playthrough requirements more below, but for now, just know that such a requirement can affect the value of the bonus.
Let's say you receive a $100 bonus that comes with a 10x playthrough requirement. This means you have to wager $1,000 to receive the bonus. For the sake of the example, let's say you can only play a particular slot game to satisfy the requirement, and the game you have to play has a 95% RTP or return-to-player percentage.
If you wager $1,000 on a game with a 95% RTP, on average you'll win $950. Sometimes you'll win more and sometimes less, but that is the average. That means you'll lose $50 playing the game in order to earn the $100 bonus, making the actual value of the bonus $50 ($100 – $50 = $50).
In other cases, you might win free spins on a slot or free play for other games. There, too, you'll have to consider the expected win for that game as you calculate the value of the bonus.
Best Indiana online casino bonuses
While Indiana has yet to introduce online casinos, several other states have. As a result, we have been able to determine which sites are the best and most trusted, as well as which offer the best bonuses.
- Bet365 Casino â no bonus code needed
- BetMGM Casino â PLAYNJFREE
- Caesars Casino â FREE25FS
- DraftKings Casino â no bonus code needed
- FanDuel Casino â no bonus code needed
There are others as well, and when Indiana does authorize online casinos, we expect many more to launch in the state. To stay updated on the latest Indiana bonus codes and offers, bookmark our Indiana online casinos page.
Where to find online casino bonuses
When researching online casinos and their bonuses, you can start here at Play Indiana. Click on the above links to learn about casinos' welcome offers and other promotions. You can also visit the sites directly to find out what bonuses are currently being offered.
Many online casinos feature a âpromotionsâ tab where all of the current bonuses are compiled and explained. You'll find a promotions tab is standard both for web-browser versions of online casinos and their mobile apps.
After you've created an account at an online casino, you'll also likely receive information about promotions via email, including those involving bonuses. You can opt out of receiving these emails, but they can be helpful for alerting you to new offers.
Claiming an online casino bonus
Since there are many different types of online casino bonuses, there are also different steps to claiming them. Here's a rough guide explaining the usual sequence you will follow.
- Step 1: Read the terms and conditions for the bonus. Do this to make sure you are eligible to receive the bonus and to decide whether the bonus has enough value to you.
- Step 2: If the bonus is a welcome offer for new sign-ups, enter the bonus code when asked during registration.
- Step 3: If the bonus is for already active players, choose to opt in to receive the bonus, if applicable.
- Step 4: Satisfy any playthrough requirements or other tasks associated with the bonus to claim it.
Types of bonuses at Indiana online casinos
There are many different types of online casino bonuses, but a few stand out as the most popular and commonly offered.
- Deposit match: Deposit match bonuses involve the online casino matching your deposit with a certain amount of funds, often 100% of the deposit. In other words, if you deposit $300 and there is a 100% deposit match bonus, you receive $300 as a bonus. Usually, you will have to satisfy a playthrough requirement to claim the deposit match bonus.
- No deposit bonuses: No deposit bonuses are usually reserved for new players as part of an online casino's welcome offer. As the name implies, you need not make a deposit to receive the bonus, which is usually a relatively small amount (e.g., $10 or $20, although some come as high as $50 or $60). Sites typically do not allow you simply to withdraw a no deposit bonus. Instead, you're required to play games with it. However, you can usually then withdraw whatever winnings you earn. Still, keep an eye out for playthrough requirements associated with no deposit casino bonus codes.
- Free spins: The awarding of free spins is another common type of online casino bonus. You can receive free spins to play any slots, a particular selection of slots or even just one online slot in Indiana. Free spin offers sometimes come with maximum allowed cashouts and/or playthrough requirements that must be satisfied in order to claim your winnings.
- bonus play: bonus play refers to a type of bonus that allows you to play games for a certain period, and if you lose, you can get back the money you've lost up to a certain maximum. bonus play bonuses are common for new sign-ups. For example, you might be allowed to play games for the first 24 hours and get back losses up to a certain amount such as $500 or $1,000. For this kind of bonus, you have to deposit money and play with it, but since you get losses refunded, it is described as âbonus play.â
- Free bonuses: Free bonuses describe a variety of online casino bonuses, including both no deposit bonuses and free spins. You might also see bonuses awarding âfree playâ described the same way. These bonuses provide cash or casino credits to the player with which to play games at no risk or for âfree.â Again, sometimes there are restrictions associated with winnings earned with free bonuses, including playthrough requirements.
- Cashback Bonus â cash reward for playing a certain amount during a designated period
- Reload Bonus â like a deposit match, a reward for adding funds to your account
- Referral Bonus â cash or free play awarded for referring a new player to register an account
- Live or Casino Game â a bonus that can be used in live dealer casino games
- Slots Tournament Bonus â free entry into an online casino slots tournament
- Prize Drawing â some sites have prize draws awarding cash, free spins, bonus money and other rewards
- Birthday Bonus â a special bonus for your birthday (which you must provide when creating an account)
- Loyalty Programs â programs that enable you to accumulate points as you play that can later be redeemed for money, free play or other prizes
- VIP Bonus Rewards â a few online sites also have VIP bonus rewards and perks analogous to those you find at retail casinos
Casino bonus terms & conditions
Each online casino bonus comes with its own specific set of terms and conditions. Much as you agree to terms and conditions when registering an account at an online casino, you are also entering a kind of agreement when you receive an online casino bonus. Always be familiar with how exactly that agreement works and your obligations.
Here are a few examples of online casino bonus terms and conditions you're likely to encounter.
Bonuses typically have claim requirements designating who can receive the bonus. Most bonuses are available to anyone, as long as they satisfy these requirements:
- Must be 21 or older
- Must be physically located within the state when claiming the bonus (although not necessarily a resident)
- Must be a registered account holder on the site
Sometimes certain bonuses are available only to new players (e.g., welcome offers). In other cases, you might not be able to claim a bonus if you have already claimed a different one.
Sometimes bonuses must be used on certain casino games or a specific game category, for example:
- Table games
- Live dealer games
Free spins, for instance, can be used only on slots (and sometimes only on a particular game).
With some bonuses, you may be restricted to certain betting limits. With free spins, for instance, you may not be able to bet the maximum, or you're limited to betting a certain amount (e.g., $0.10). As a result, you might not be able to win the progressive jackpot in cases where you have to bet the max to qualify for it.
We've mentioned playthrough requirements (also called âwagering requirementsâ) more than once already. This is a very common restriction applied to online casino bonuses. Say you receive a bonus worth $500, but it comes with a 10x playthrough requirement. That means you have to wager at least 10 times the bonus amount, in this case $5,000, in order to âunlockâ or âreleaseâ the bonus and receive it.
Sometimes you can earn a portion of the bonus as you work off the playthrough requirement (e.g., in 10% increments). Often you will face a time restriction such as 7 or 30 days within which to satisfy the playthrough requirement. If you fail to do so, you forfeit the bonus. Keep in mind also that having to satisfy playthrough requirements can delay you being able to access bonus funds, which means otherwise fast payout options might take longer as you have to fulfill the requirement before you can withdraw.
Read and understand playthrough requirements carefully. Sometimes they are too difficult or require you to gamble more than you're comfortable with to claim them. Be sure to check the terms and conditions and understand playthrough requirements as you evaluate a particular bonus offer.
While online casino bonuses are a great way to add to your gambling bankroll, it remains important even when using bonuses to practice responsible gambling and understand your limits. For example, those playthrough requirements discussed above sometimes require you to gamble more to claim the bonus. But if you are required to bet more than you want to, that is hardly a good thing.
Be sure to stick within your comfort zone and never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose. If you feel as though gambling is affecting your life in a negative way, Indiana has a number of resources for responsible gambling and problem gambling.
Online casino bonus tips
Putting all of the above information together, we can recommend a few tips for choosing and using online casino bonuses:
- Check the promotions tab or section on the online casino's website for the latest offers.
- Look for online casino promo codes and use them to claim your bonuses.
- Take advantage of bonuses when it makes sense, as oftentimes you can earn bonuses for playing games you are already playing.
- Read the terms and conditions for all bonuses to evaluate them.
- Be responsible when gambling, and never gamble more than you should just to claim a casino bonus.
Find the best online casino bonus
Don't make the mistake of playing online casino games without being aware of the many bonuses and promotions the sites regularly offer. Online casino bonuses can boost your bankroll and reduce your risk while giving you added ways to win.
When a site offers a bonus, be sure to review its terms, calculate its value and take advantage when the best bonuses come around.
Online casino bonuses FAQs
Each online casino has its pros and cons, but the best ones tend to offer the greatest variety of games and stakes while also being generous with bonuses and promotions. Note that licensed and regulated sites are preferable in every way to unregulated online casinos where the risks are too great to justify playing on them.
Online casinos often change their offers from time to time, so it always pays to check back at sites to see what new promotions they have. BetMGM Casino and DraftKings Casino are each known for having many different types of bonuses and promos, including some generous ones.
A bonus balance refers to a separate balance from your regular cash balance. In some instances, bonuses cannot be withdrawn and must be wagered on the site. In this case, those funds may appear in that separate âbonus balanceâ category. An explanation of bonus balances can usually be found in the online casino’s support documents and/or in the terms and conditions of a particular bonus.
Much like at retail casinos, slots represent the most popular online casino game. As a result, it is perhaps unsurprising to find slots are a favorite game when it comes to online casino bonuses. Slots are also often preferable when it comes to clearing playthrough requirements since online casinos typically allow you to clear those requirements more quickly when playing slots (versus table games or video poker).
While cashback bonuses can take various forms, most online casinos will offer them in exchange for high-volume play as a way to reward loyal players. Check the site's promotions, including any loyalty program as oftentimes cashback bonuses are connected to such programs. Social and sweepstakes casinos will also sometimes have similar bonuses, although instead of getting cash back the player receives the bonus in the form of the casino’s virtual currency.
With reload bonuses, the online casino gives players a bonus for depositing additional funds into their accounts. The bonus is often given as a percentage of the deposit amount, in many cases 100% up to a certain maximum. Reload bonuses often come with playthrough requirements that must be satisfied in order to claim the bonus.